BIG EVENT LOGISTICS
CDL Drivers, Class A and Class B – Milwaukee
PT/FT: PART Time
Employment Period: Seasonal
Last Updated: March 2019
Who We Are
The Clearwing Group is the company behind the scenes. We are designers. We are engineers and technicians. We are purveyors of cutting-edge pro audio, lighting, and video equipment and production. We provide support, technology, and resources for musicians, venues, sporting events, corporate events, performing arts centers, and houses of worship.
Some of the biggest names have counted on Clearwing, from the Foo Fighters, Bob Dylan, Pearl Jam, and Summerfest to the NFL, the Blue Man Group, Best Buy, Target, GoDaddy, and The White House. Clearwing has physical offices strategically located in Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and Denver, CO. We’ve deployed gear and crew across the U.S. and all over the world.
A Big Event Logistics driver will deliver equipment for Clearwing to show sites safely and at the appointed time. These deliveries may vary from local deliveries in a van or pickup truck to regional hauls in a Class A tractor-trailer. The ideal candidate will be punctual and courteous at all times, especially when dealing directly with clients and show techs. This person reports to the Fleet Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive company vehicles to deliver equipment as direct by supervisor
- Pack and secure all loads for transport either solo or with crew
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and report issue to Fleet Manager
- Follow all FMCSA safety regulations
- Complete Daily Driver’s logs on required drives
- Report road incidents to supervisor
- Fill out vehicle incident reports and document incident scenes
- Assist with fueling, maintain and cleaning of vehicles as directed
- Assist warehouse staff with duties as directed by Warehouse Manager when not driving
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with clients and co-workers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years driving experience
- Must be punctual
- Clean driving record
- Current DOT Medical card
- Ability to pass drug screen
- Ability to provide current MVR
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Proficient in the handling of box trucks and tractor-trailers in tight spaces, especially backing and docking
- Ability to climb in and out of truck, tractor and trailer
- Must be at least 18 years old for intrastate drivers
- Must be at least 21 years old for interstate drivers
- Must be able to work on your own, as part of a group or as a team leader